This homemade recipe for Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting guides you on how to make an easy, delicious stabilized chocolate whipped cream.
Watch How To Make Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
Easy Chocolate Whipped Cream You’ll Love
This frosting is creamy, delectable, light and fluffy! Perfect for when you need a chocolate frosting that’s not too rich.
This frosting is perfect for deep chocolate cake or cupcakes. It is light, airy tastes like a dream.
The best part is, it will hold it’s shaped and not fall flat. I’ve been meaning to post this recipe ever since I published my Stabilized Whipped Cream Recipe. It’s so simple, you won’t want to make anything else!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s made with all-natural ingredients. No gelatin or piping gel needed
- The Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar add flavor as well as structure.
- The Heavy Cream whips well and stays creamy.
How to Make Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
It’s simple. Just follow these simple tips – Use chilled cream and be careful not to over whip. It’s that easy! Cold cream whips easier and over whipped cream can quickly turn into butter so when you see it thicken stop there.
You’ll know it’s done when you can run a spoon through it without it collapsing.
A Step by Step Guide on How to Make Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
Start with adding the chilled cream to a cool bowl.
Add powdered sugar and powdered milk.
Add sifted cocoa powder.
Blend slowly at first to combine.
Raise the speed to high to whip the cream. You’ll know it’s done when the waves in the cream hold their shape.
Add to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
Serve and enjoy.
Tips for Perfect Chocolate Whipped Cream
- This recipe can be made using a mixer or food processor.
- Use Chilled Cream. Cold cream whips up the quickest.
- Don’t over whip – Whipped cream can easily turn to butter if over whipped. See the photos in the post and video for examples of what it looks like when it’s whipped enough.
- Be Sure to Sift the Cocoa Powder and Sugar. Cocoa powder and powdered sugar almost always have lumps which can ruin your frosting. Sift well before adding it to the cream.
About Powdered Milk
Powdered skimmed milk can be found in most supermarkets, but you can buy also buy it here on Amazon (As an Amazon Associate, a small commission is made from qualifying purchases).
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
- 1¼ cup heavy cream also known as double cream, chilled
- 8 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder, (nonfat powdered milk or Nonfat Instant Dry Milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Add powdered sugar, skimmed milk powder, and cocoa powder to the cream.
- Using a food processor or mixer, whip the cream until it thickens (this doesn't take long at all so check often).
- When you run a spoon through it, and it holds its shape without falling back into the gap, it's ready to use.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of whipped cream.