This recipe for Cheesy Chicken & Mushroom Pie is super easy to prepare and a joy to eat! Impress your friends with this amazing recipe!
This fantastic dish is just what you need for those busy school night dinners. Your family will be asking for this creamy, cheesy pie again and again!
I’m always looking for ways to speed up school night dinners. With homework, bath time and bedtime stories, there isn’t always a lot of time for cooking a quick and nourishing family meal, but this recipe keeps things really simple.
What makes this particularly easy is the Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips that I used to make it. Available at Walmart, these come fully cooked and are a super simple way to add flavorful, healthy chicken to your school night dinners. The chicken breast strips are 97 percent fat-free and made with only white meat.
This pie filling only took me 15 minutes to prepare. I put the breast strips in the fridge to thaw overnight so they were ready to use the next day and I also prepared the filling in the morning so all I needed to do before baking was top it with the pre-rolled pastry, add the egg wash and throw it in the oven. Easy!
Bake 25 – 30 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Cheesy Chicken and Mushroom Pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips defrosted and cut into cubes or leftover cooked chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms or pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat the oven to 400F/ 200C
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onions and mushrooms, then fry on a high heat for another 3 mins until the onions start to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the flour into the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat, gradually stir in the stock, followed by the milk, then add the chicken and parsley.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into a baking dish.
- On a floured surface, unroll the pastry and cut along the pie dish leaving about an inch over the size of the dish.
- Cover the filling in the dish with the grated cheese.
- Cove the filling with the cut dough. Using a little of the egg, fix to the edge of the pie dish. Brush with egg, then lift the rest of the pastry over the pie. Gently roll the extra over and press the edges with your fingers. Brush lightly with egg to glaze, prick with a fork, and then bake for 25-30 mins or until the pastry is risen and dark golden brown.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.