This recipe for Stove top Mac and Cheese is quick and super simple! It’s truly Comfort food at it’s finest!
Mac and cheese – The epitome of comfort food!
I’ve been making this dish for so long that it never occurred to me that it would be worth sharing. I thought it was just an everyday dish until I had a friend over for a casual dinner with the kids and she raved about it and insisted I include it on this site.
I just love how easy this recipe is. You’d think something so easy couldn’t end up so rich and flavorful! Once you try this, you won’t buy a box mix again!
I have to admit, it is delicious. I sometimes make it for a quick lunch for my son who is crazy about it. It couldn’t be simpler and it really is comfort food at it’s best!
I’m sorry for the short post, but my son’s birthday is this week and the festivities have begun!
Stove top Mac and Cheese
This recipe for Stove top Mac and Cheese is quick and super simple! It's truly Comfort food at it's finest!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain well, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine both cheeses, and cornstarch - set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Stir in the cheese mixture, evaporated milk, garlic powder and paprika until the cheese has melted (about 2-3 minutes)and the mixture becomes a thick, smooth sauce.
- Remove from heat, add the pasta into the sauce and toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.