I baked cupcakes with the help of my five-year-old son. After we baked and decorated (he did some of his own), he held up the backdrop for the photo session. We had such a good time that the mess that took me two hours to clean up, was totally worth it!
This was originally a recipe post, but I’ve replaced that recipe and filed this post under my personal section because the pics are just precious and so are the memories!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Yellow Cupcakes
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup salted butter
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- Add cupcake papers to 18 cups of a cupcake pan. set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed well (being careful to not over mix) - If you do not have a food processor, you can mix the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients and blend well until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the cupcake papers.
- Bake in a 375f/190c 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool layer cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks.
- Frost with desired frosting.