I baked cupcakes with the help of my five-year-old son. After we baked and decorated (he did some of his own), he held up the backdrop for the photo session. We had such a good time that the mess that took me two hours to clean up, was totally worth it!
This was originally a recipe post, but I’ve replaced that recipe and filed this post under my personal section because the pics are just precious and so are the memories!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Yellow Cupcakes
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup salted butter
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- Add cupcake papers to 18 cups of a cupcake pan. set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed well (being careful to not over mix) - If you do not have a food processor, you can mix the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients and blend well until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the cupcake papers.
- Bake in a 375f/190c 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool layer cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks.
- Frost with desired frosting.
Erren's Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.