I baked these with the help of my five year old son. After we baked and decorated (he did some of his own), he held up the back drop for the photo session. We had such a good time that the mess that took me two hours to clean up, was total worth it!
Below is the recipe for the batter, but for the frosting, please click here.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup salted butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Add cupcake papers to 18 cups of a cupcake pan. set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed well (being careful to not over mix) - If you do not have a food processor, you can mix the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients and blend well until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the cupcake papers.
- Bake in a 375f/190c 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool layer cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool thoroughly on racks.
- Frost with desired frosting.