This recipe for Quick & Hearty Tortellini Vegetable Soup is filling meal that’s packed with flavor and healthy ingredients. It’s a tasty way to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
I make this soup a lot through the cooler months. If you cut the vegetables quite small, it only takes about 30 minutes to cook.
I often throw the vegetables the food processor and chop them all together (small, but not finely chopped). When I do it that way, it only takes about 20 minutes from pot to plate, but you’ll have to play with it and test the vegetables before serving.
This is such warming comfort food and my son just loves it! He’d never guess it was packed with vegetables!
To make it, you simply saute the vegetables in some olive oil until slightly soft. Then add the garlic and cook another minute.
then add the tomatoes, stock and some chopped parsley and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes (depending on how small you chop the vegetables).
Add the tortellini and cook how ever long it states on the package instructions.
Serve with grated cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped small
- 2 small carrots chopped small
- 3 stalks of celery chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic minced or finely sliced
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes pureed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 good handful flat leaf parsley chopped, including the stems
- 9 oz package fresh tortellini 9-ounce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Cook until the slightly soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and fry 1 more minute.
- Add the stock & tomatoes and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a low heat and simmer until the vegetables are desired softness (about 30 minutes).
- Add the tortellini as long as it states on the package instructions.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.