This recipe for Quick and Easy Thai Red Curry makes a simple, fragrant, and zingy curry that the whole family will enjoy. Its ready in just 20 minutes, so it will soon become a last minute favorite! You can make this recipe as spicy as you like and experiment with different meat and fish.
*This is a sponsored content written by me on behalf of Peppadew®. The opinions and text are all mine.*
I LOVE Thai Food!
I can eat it every day of the week. I know I don’t do a lot of Thai recipes, but that’s only because they aren’t usually that straight forward to make and use a lot of exotic ingredients that are hard to come by.
Not this recipe! This recipe uses ingredients that can be bought in almost any grocery store and the best part is – it takes only minutes to prepare! You are welcome!
When ordering Thai food, I don’t always order curry because due to medication, my stomach can’t handle a lot of spice. So if I do order a curry, it’s usually a Mussaman Curry (see the image below).
But thanks to my friends at Peppadew®, I’m finding it really easy to adapt dishes that I wouldn’t normally be able to eat. Peppadew® makes these amazing little piquanté peppers that can be bought in both mild or hot. I use the mild which provides a sweet heat that my stomach doesn’t object to at all.
This recipe also uses Peppadew® Red Roasted peppers, which are my favorite because they really are pack full of flavor.
Both types of Peppadew® peppers (say THAT 3x fast) are available in most grocery stores or for more information you can visit their website.
Here are some other recipes I’ve created using Peppadew® peppers:
Okay, Peppadew® love-fest over – back to my curry!
Making the paste is super simple. You throw the ingredients into a food processor and whizz until smooth.
I mean what could be simpler?
Heat some olive oil in a pan and cook for a few minutes.
Add some coconut milk and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cooked meat, vegetables or fish.
I added frozen, raw shrimp and cooked them quickly in the sauce.
And that’s it! In just 20 minutes, you have a beautiful, simple Thai Red Curry!
This recipe makes a simple, fragrant, and zingy curry that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 5 -10 Peppadew Piquante Peppers mild ot hot depending on taste
- 4 cloves of garlic pleeled
- 3 green onions/spring onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- a big bunch of fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 Peppadew jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger. peeled
- olive oil
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- cooked meat, vegetables or fish of your choice
- to make the paste, Place the lemongrass paste, Peppers, garlic, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, roasted red peppers tomato paste, fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger into a food processor and blitz on high until smooth (stopping to scrape the edges from time to time).
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add the curry paste and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut mild, stir, and lower the heat to medium low. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked meat, vegetables or fish of your choice and serve on rice.
- NOTE: I cooked a pound of raw, cleaned shrimp in the sauce for about 4-5 minutes from frozen.
*This is a Sponsored post from Peppadew, but the words and opinions are all my own*