This 20-minute recipe for Quick and Easy Thai Red Curry makes a simple, fragrant, and zingy curry that the whole family will enjoy.
Homemade Thai Red Curry In A Snap
This recipe with a homemade curry paste is ready in under 30 minutes, so it will soon become a last-minute favorite! You can make this recipe as spicy as you like and experiment with different meat and fish.
A Thai Curry Without Hard to Find Ingredients
A lot of Thai curry recipes require a trip to an Asian supermarket with a lot of exotic ingredients that are hard to come by. Not this recipe! This recipe uses ingredients that can be bought in almost any grocery store and the best part is – it takes only minutes to prepare! You are welcome!
How to Make Thai Red Curry Paste
Making the paste is super simple. You throw the ingredients into a food processor.
Mix until smooth
I mean what could be simpler?
How to Make The Thai Red Curry Sauce
Heat some olive oil in a pan and cook the curry paste a few minutes to release the flavors.
Add the coconut milk and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cooked meat, vegetables or fish (I added frozen, raw shrimp and cooked them quickly in the sauce)
And that’s it! In just 20 minutes, you have a beautiful, simple Thai Red Curry!
- Use fresh aromatics – fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions make all the difference in the world when it comes to a flavorful sauce.
- Don’t use bottled lime juice. The bottled stuff tastes completely different. You’ll love the boost you’ll get from the fresh lime.
- Use Fresh Herbs not dried – The fresh herbs release that beautiful, vibrant flavor.
- To add an extra kick of heat – Add your favorite hot peppers before pureeing in the food processor.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Quick and Easy Thai Red Curry
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 5-10 Peppadew Piquante Peppers mild or hot depending on taste
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled
- 3 green onions/spring onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- a big bunch of fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 Peppadew jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger. peeled
- olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- cooked meat, vegetables or fish of your choice
To make the paste:
- Place the lemongrass paste, Peppers, garlic, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, roasted red peppers tomato paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, and ginger into a food processor and blitz on high until smooth (stopping to scrape the edges from time to time).
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the curry paste and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir, and lower the heat to medium-low. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked meat, vegetables or fish of your choice and serve on rice.
- NOTE: I cooked a pound of raw, cleaned shrimp in the sauce for about 4-5 minutes from frozen.
Tips + Notes
- Use fresh aromatics - fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions make all the difference in the world when it comes to a flavorful sauce.
- Don't use bottled lime juice. The bottled stuff tastes completely different. You'll love the boost you'll get from the fresh lime.
- Use Fresh Herbs not dried - The fresh herbs release that beautiful, vibrant flavor.
- To add an extra kick of heat - Add your favorite hot peppers before pureeing in the food processor.
*This is a sponsored content written by me on behalf of Peppadew®. The opinions and text are all mine.*