This vegetarian recipe for Fried Eggs with Chinese Noodles is a super quick and easy meal that’s perfect for those busy weeknight suppers.
I love it when I order noodles or rice in a restaurant and it comes with a fried egg on top. Breaking that yolk is pure pleasure.
I remember going to my high school sweetheart’s house for dinner and his mom would make an egg noodle dish that she used fried eggs to make the sauce. Egg yolks from fried eggs and ketchup.
Ok, so my taste has become a bit more sophisticated since then, but man did I love that dish! When I make this dish, I like to cut up the eggs and mix the egg yolk in the with the sauce of the noodles.
For this dish, I used mushrooms and rice noodles, but you can use any noodles you prefer. Mine is vegetarian, but you can add leftover cooked meat as well and any other stir-fried vegetables you have on hand.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Fried Eggs with Chinese Noodles
- 1 pound Chinese noodles of your choice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ inch fresh ginger grated
- 3 green onions sliced into thin rounds
- 1 8 oz package of fresh stir fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce optional
- Ground black to taste, or white pepper
- 4 eggs
- Cook the noodles a little less than stated on the package instructions (until just underdone), then drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok over high heat. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onions and stir-fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sherry and allow to almost evaporate before adding any meat you are using and cooked noodles. Toss so that all of the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add both of the soy sauces, oyster sauce, and pepper.
- Stir-fry for a further 1-2 mins before adding the green onions, then toss to combine.
- Fry the eggs to your liking and serve on top of the noodles.
Erren's Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.