This vegetarian recipe for Fried Eggs with Chinese Noodles is a super quick and easy meal that’s perfect for those busy weeknight suppers.
I love it when I order noodles or rice in a restaurant and it comes with a fried egg on top. Breaking that yolk is pure pleasure.
I remember going to my high school sweetheart’s house for dinner and his mom would make an egg noodle dish that she used fried eggs to make the sauce. Egg yolks from fried eggs and ketchup.
Ok, so my taste has become a bit more sophisticated since then, but man did I love that dish! When I make this dish, I like to cut up the eggs and mix the egg yolk in the with the sauce of the noodles.
However you choose to eat it, this is a delicious quick and easy meal that’s sure to please both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. If you love Chinese style noodles why not try my Perfect Chinese Noodles (Lo Mein), or for the meat-eaters out there Chicken with Chinese Mushrooms. You’ll never buy take out noodles again.
Love Chinese food? If so check out some of my recipes while you’re here.
For this dish, I used mushrooms and rice noodles, but you can use any noodles you prefer. Mine is vegetarian, but you can add leftover cooked meat as well and any other stir-fried vegetables you have on hand.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Fried Eggs with Chinese Noodles
- 1 pound Chinese noodles of your choice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ inch fresh ginger grated
- 3 green onions sliced into thin rounds
- 1 8 oz package of fresh stir fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce optional
- Ground black to taste, or white pepper
- 4 eggs
- Cook the noodles a little less than stated on the package instructions (until just underdone), then drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok over high heat. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onions and stir-fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sherry and allow to almost evaporate before adding any meat you are using and cooked noodles. Toss so that all of the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add both of the soy sauces, oyster sauce, and pepper.
- Stir-fry for a further 1-2 mins before adding the green onions, then toss to combine.
- Fry the eggs to your liking and serve on top of the noodles.