Cinnamon Raisin Oat Bars
- 2 1/2 cups /315g all-purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/3 cups /300g butter softened
- 1 cup /220g packed light-brown sugar
- cup ½ /110g packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup /100g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups /170g rolled oats
- 1 cup /150g raisins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190C.
Grease and flour an 8 x 12 baking pan
Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
In a large mixing bowl. Beat the butter, brown sugar, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar in until fluffy.
Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla,cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
Stir in the oats by hand, followed by the raisins.
Spread dough evenly into the pan.
Spread the dough into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, give the pan a little shake. If it jiggles in the middle, put the pan back in and try again every 5 minutes until there is no longer any jiggle.
Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Best served warm, but great cooled as well.
Pages: 1 2