Chicken & Red Pesto Pasta Salad
This wonderful pasta dish will be a go-to recipe for summer entertaining.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups dry pasta of your choice cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 2 cooked chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 3 green/spring onions sliced into rounds
- 1-2 jarred roasted red peppers sliced into smalls strips
- 1 unwaxed cucumber chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pesto plus more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh herbs of your choice chopped (I used parsley & basil)
- ½ cup mayonnaise plus more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine the pasta, chicken, green onions, roasted red peppers, and cucumber.
In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto, lemon juice, herbs, mayonnaise, salt & pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 407mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 9.8mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.7mg