No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
Make a no-bake chocolate cheesecake stuffed with oreo indulgence, with this easy recipe that's perfect for every day.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Melting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 slices
For the base:
- 1¾ cups Oreos crushed, about 20
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
For the filling:
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate chopped small
- 24 oz cream cheese (three 8oz packages)
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup freshly whipped cream
Blend the cookies in a food processor until cookie crumbs are formed. Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
Add the cookie mixture to a 9-inch spring-form pan. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to make an even base, and put into the freezer while you make the filling.
Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or double boiler, and set aside to cool slightly.
Beat together the cream cheese, whipped cream, superfine sugar, and cocoa powder mixture. Then add the melted chocolate, and mix until the mixture is smooth.
Take the springform pan out of the freezer and pour in the cheesecake filling.
Top the cake with the rest of the broken Oreos. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours (or refrigerate overnight) to set.
- Use Full Fat Cream Cheese. Low fat or nonfat cream cheese may become runny when beat and may not set.
- For a crispier base, bake the base for 5- 7 minutes on 400F. Once baked, you should chill the crust in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before filling.
- Don't over mix. This can result in a super-soft cheesecake. Make sure you use room-temperature cream cheese and mix on a lower speed to avoid breaking the emulsion created by the cream cheese.
- To easily remove the chilled cake from the spring-form pan after it's been in the freezer, use a hairdryer on its hot setting and run it all along the pan until the frost is gone.
- To keep the Oreos crunchy, add them to the top just before serving. They soften in the fridge as the cheesecake sets, but it's still just as delicious so it's your call.
- To easily remove a no-bake cheesecake from a springform pan, just heat the outside of the pan before removing. I do this with a hairdryer. Just run it over the sides until the condensation has dried and no frost appears.
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5.3mg