Quick & Hearty Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Quick & Hearty Tortellini Vegetable Soup - Erren's Kitchen - This recipe is filling meal that's packed with flavor and healthy ingredients!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped small
- 2 small carrots chopped small
- 3 stalks of celery chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic minced or finely sliced
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes pureed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 good handful flat leaf parsley chopped, including the stems
- 9 ounces package fresh tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Cook until the slightly soft (about 5 minutes).
Add the garlic and fry 1 more minute.
Add the stock & tomatoes and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a low heat and simmer until the vegetables are desired softness (about 30 minutes).
Add the tortellini as long as it states on the package instructions.
Season to taste with salt & pepper
Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 818mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5375IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3.4mg