Cranberry Brie Tarts with Bacon & Red Onion
Get creative with Puff pastry and serve up these delectable tarts, with creamy French cheese, salty bacon sweet fruit and red onions.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 tarts
- 17 oz package frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1⁄2 pound Brie cheese
- 1 cup good quality cranberry sauce or cranberry jam
- 1⁄2 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 red onions sliced, sauteed and seasoned
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Using a cookie cutter a little larger than your tartlet pan sections, cut 12 rounds out of the pastry.
Press each round into a tartlet section set aside.
If you haven't done so already, brown the bacon & sauté the onions in separate pans.
Place 2 teaspoons of cranberry jelly into each section, followed by a teaspoon of the sautéed onions.
Remove the crust from the top of the cheese. Use a teaspoon to scoop the cheese out, place two teaspoons of cheese into each section.
Top with the bacon.
Bake about 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is browned
Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- When using frozen puff pastry, allow thawing overnight before using. This will make the pastry pliable without becoming too soft.
- Flour your worktop before rolling the pastry. This helps to roll out smooth and prevent sticking or pulling.
- Roll Gently - Puff pastry is delicate if use too much force, you'll lose some of the flakiness.
- Don't Skip the Docking of the pastry. Docking the pastry before filling will make the edges puff up and the center will stay down.
- Don't overcook the bacon. The bacon will cook more during bacon so cook just until crisp.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 126mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1.2mg