Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Could there be a better way to serve anything than when covered with a creamy sauce and cheese? This recipe for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes is comfort food at it's finest!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream (whipping cream) heavy cream, low fat half & half - your choice)
- 1 bay leaf
- a good handful of fresh parsley tied with cooking twine.
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2 pounds potatoes (russet or any favorite potato of your choice) peeled & sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 cup grated white cheddar
- butter for greasing the pan
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a casserole dish with butter.
In a saucepan, heat the cream with the bay leaf, parsley, and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the bay leaf, garlic and parsley. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
Slice the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. Pour the cream over potato slices. Mix to coat the potatoes. Mix gently to incorporate.
Add the mixture to the casserole dish and spread the mixture evenly over the dish.
Top with some Parmesan cheese & the cheddar, cover the dish with aluminum foil (making sure the foil is not laying directly onto the cheese), and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Calories: 560kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 1040mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin A: 1375IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 590mg | Iron: 7.8mg