Japanese Chicken Curry
Impress your friends and family with this simple, fragrant and flavorful Japanese Chicken Curry.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs with the fat trimmed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry powder I used McCormick - UK Schwartz
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ cup of frozen peas
Heat oil in a medium saucepan, start by browning the chicken on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add more oil if needed. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
Add the flour, curry powder, and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock until combined; add the honey and soy sauce.
Add the browned chicken, carrots, and potatoes.
Slowly bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until sauce thickens and the carrots are soft enough to eat. Add the peas and cook another minute.
Serve over rice.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 1257mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5290IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 6.4mg