Buttery Balsamic Garlic Roasted Carrots
This foolproof recipe will ensure even first-time cooks get crispy skins and fluffy insides. With this recipe, you'll be sure to have perfect carrots for Sunday roasts or Christmas dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 10 small carrots sliced long (*see notes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced (or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F/190C
In a small bowl combine the olive oil, melted butter, and balsamic vinegar
Add the sliced carrots to a roasting pan large enough to spread them out without touching too much.
Drizzle with the vinegar mixture, add the sliced garlic, salt and pepper, and chopped parsley. Toss to coat.
Roast for 30 mins. Serve hot.
* For this recipe, I used tender young carrots (the ones with the greens still attached). If you use regular carrots, you'll have to cut them into smaller pieces. You can buy smaller carrots that taper at the ends from the grocery store or alternatively, you can use baby carrots.
- Preheat the oven. Starting with a hot oven is key to getting the carrots crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Don't scrimp on the oil. Fat is the key to roasting carrots. If you don't use enough, they will turn out dry.
- Cut the carrots to an equal size so they cook evenly.
- For extra browning, turn the carrots halfway through the roasting time.
- Don't overcrowd the pan. Having a pan crammed with carrots touching each other will result in steaming instead of roasting and will not crisp up.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 25735IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 0.6mg