Bacon Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
This recipe for Bacon Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing is a fresh, colorful salad that's great with grilled meats, or on its own as a meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa + 1 ¾ c. water
- 2-3 handfuls chopped baby kale
- 6-8 pieces strips of bacon cooked and cut into
- 1 inch mango chopped into 1 pieces
- 1 inch apple chopped into 1 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Crumbled Queso fresco or feta cheese or more
- For the dressing recipe please visit Savoring Simple
Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
When the quinoa is done cooking, fluff it with a fork and set it aside to cool.
When you are ready to serve, toss the cooled quinoa with the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and slowly add in the dressing, adding more or less depending on taste. Serve the salad with extra cheese and remaining salad dressing.
For the dressing recipe, please visit Savoring Simple
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 3240IU | Vitamin C: 35.7mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 3.4mg