Crispy Breaded Chicken Cutlets
A quick and easy recipe to make a delicious dinner that you can also use again and again in all your favorite recipes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs AKA Japanese breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts sliced into cutlets pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- vegetable oil
- 1 lemon for serving
In a small bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and the Parmesan Cheese then transfer to a plate or shallow bowl.
Place seasoned bread crumbs into a second shallow bowl.
Beat eggs and milk in a third shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper
Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, dredge in the seasoned breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess. Dip the breaded chicken back into the egg and coat with panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
Pour the oil into a large heavy skillet to about ¼ inch deep and heat over medium-high heat.
Working in 2 batches, Cook the chicken without turning until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Turn the chicken and cook until equally brown on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining cutlets, adding more oil to pan (as needed) between batches, until golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer the cutlets to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Serve with lemon.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 20 minutes before you’re ready to cook to allow an even cook.
- If you have time, let the coating set and dry out a bit before cooking. This helps the coating stay on better.
- When pan frying, the oil should reach about halfway up the side of the chicken.
- Keep the heat at a constant, high temperature otherwise the breading will absorb the oil and get soggy.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. This will cause the chicken to steam instead of fry and the coating will become soggy. It's better to fry in batches.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 203mg | Sodium: 936mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 3.3mg