Thai Curry Noodles with Chicken
A family-friendly mild curry noodle dish. Simply delicious.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Curry Paste, or Thai red Paste
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Curry Powder UK - Schwartz Mild Curry Powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- Lime Juice (1 lime - approx 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the sliced chili peppers and saute another minute. Add the curry paste (be careful - it may splatter) and curry powder, and stir for another minute.
Stir in the chicken stock, cover the pot, and bring everything to a boil.
Once boiled, add the coconut milk and soy sauce, and bring back to boil again.
Add the chicken and noodles, and cook everything, uncovered until the noodles are the desired softness.
Turn off the heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 712mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 18.2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 4.9mg