Easy Chocolate Brownies
This recipe makes indulgent, fudgy brownies that are studded with extra chocolate chips for added decadence.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 24 brownies
- 2 cups butter cut into pieces
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped (I use 54% Cocoa solids)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC/155ºC and grease 13x9 inch baking pan
Melt the and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until it's melted and smooth.
Stir in the sugar and brown sugar right into the pot. Whisk in the eggs & egg yolks one at a time, then the vanilla & salt.
With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and cocoa powder until evenly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread into the pan. place the pan in the oven and set your timer for 25 minutes.
When the timer goes off, open the oven, pull the shelf out and gently shake the pan. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, it’s not quite done so slide it back in and bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the pan.
Remove from the oven and cool the brownies for at least an hour before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Take care in measuring. Measure carefully and accurately. It’s key to getting the best results from a recipe.
- Use room temperature eggs. Eggs combine easier when mixing at room temperature and mix more evenly into the batter. Your brownies will have a lighter texture and cook more evenly.
- To quickly warm your eggs: Just set them in a bowl of warm water for 10 - 15 minutes. This will allow them to warm all the way through.
- Mix by hand. For fudgy brownies, always mix by hand. You can use a whisk until adding the cocoa powder and flour and then switch to a wooden spoon.
- Don’t over mix. When mixing in the flour only mix until combined. A few lumps are fine. Over mixing creates a cake like brownie.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.5mg