Mini Banana Bread Loaves
These wonderful mini loaves will become a favorite in your household, and you can use up your overripe bananas too!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 12 people
- ⅔ cup butter melted
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- ¾ cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- handful dried banana chips for decoration
Preheat the oven to 375F/170C
Grease a Mini Loaf pan or 2lb loaf pan.
Melt the butter. Add the bananas to the warm butter in a large mixing bowl and mash well.
With a wooden spoon, mix in the remaining ingredients (except the banana chips).
Using an ice cream scoop add the batter into the pan, top with the banana chips and bake for about 20 minutes (30 minutes for the large loaf pan) or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Be sure to use very ripe bananas. Black bananas are the best.
- The riper the banana the more flavor and the easier it mashes. If you only have yellow bananas add them to the butter to be melted. The heat will help them mash easier.
- Don't over mix. Over mixing, once the flour is added can result in tough, dense tough Banana bread.
- Mashing Yellow Bananas If all you have are yellow bananas (that aren't overripe), slice them and microwave them in a bowl for 45 seconds before mashing. This will make it much easier to mash firmer bananas.
- To make one large loaf, just bake for 30 minutes in a 2 lb loaf pan.
Calories: 5910.89kcal | Carbohydrates: 690.95g | Protein: 20.97g | Fat: 355.19g | Saturated Fat: 223.99g | Cholesterol: 962.71mg | Sodium: 3223.42mg | Potassium: 430.8mg | Fiber: 4.73g | Sugar: 568.69g | Vitamin A: 10924.92IU | Vitamin C: 1.71mg | Calcium: 167.49mg | Iron: 7.85mg