Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
This recipe of Mushrooms in a Sour Cream Sauce is a super easy side dish that's absolutely scrumptious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms baby Bella or cremini or mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in 1-2 Tbsp olive oil until the mushrooms have released their liquid and become golden brown and tender (make sure the liquid cooks down), about 7 minutes.
add the garlic and cook another minute.
Stir in the sour cream and parsley.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To clean the mushrooms, use a damp paper towel to remove dirt. If you use water to clean mushrooms, it can cause them to become waterlogged.
- If you want to use water to clean the mushrooms, quickly rinse the mushrooms and pat them dry with paper towels, but don’t soak them.
- When cooking mushrooms, don’t overcrowd the pan. Cook mushrooms in a pan with a good amount of surface area. You want to be able to spread the mushrooms in a single layer to allow contact with the hot pan and let moisture evaporate quickly so they brown nicely.
- Use full-fat sour cream. Low fat sour cream will liquidize when heated and the sauce will become runny.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg