This recipe for Quick & Easy Spinach, White Bean & Pasta Soup is a simple and tasty soup that’s the perfect lunchtime meal. It’s satisfying and healthy too.
This recipe is great for a night that you want a home cooked meal, but don’t have the time to cook. Fresh spinach cooks in no time, but you can always substitute it for frozen (just defrost it first, squeeze out the liquid, and add it a few minutes before serving).
This dish is just as good with the frozen because you are using fresh garlic, it really adds a homemade taste without the hassle.
Every time I eat this recipe, I’m brought back to my childhood and all the wonderful things that my Italian Grandmother used to cook for me.
Perfect for a week night meal – once you try it, you’ll make it over and over!
You can cook the pasta in the soup or separately. I have provided instructions for both…
Quick & Easy Spinach, White Bean & Pasta Soup
This recipe for Quick & Easy Spinach, White Bean & Pasta Soup is a simple and tasty soup that's the perfect lunchtime meal. It's satisfying and healthy too.
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic chopped or finely sliced
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- 12oz fresh baby spinach or 9oz Frozen Leaf or chopped Spinach
- 15 oz Can of Cannelloni Beans
- 1 -2 cups Ditalini Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Start a pot of water for your pasta, bring to a boil and cook the pasta while you cook the soup.
- In a separate stock pot, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lightly brown it in the oil. As soon as you see it start to brown add the chicken stock, and beans.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- note: at this point, you can also add a cup of the pasta right into the soup. This makes the dish into more of a pasta dish than a soup, but it's still very good. After adding the pasta, turn down the heat to low and cook about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Turn down the heat to a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- If using frozen spinach, cook it in the microwave and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve with pasta & topped with grated cheese.