This recipe for One-Pot Shrimp and Chorizo Rice is a great one-pot meal that is easy and full of flavor. This delicious shrimp dish is, flavored with Spanish sausage and saffron rice – an easy alternative to paella.
This One-Pot Shrimp and Chorizo Rice is an easy weeknight supper that is going to knock your socks off! If you love I Spanish inspired recipes, you’re going to love this dish! Why not try my One Pot Chicken and Chorizo Paella, I’m sure you’ll love that too!
I mean Shrimp, Chorizo, saffron, and fresh parsley? How perfect are those flavors? All that goodness is cooked in one pot!
This is a dish that I have been making for years and it never gets old. We live in a waterfront community that overlooks a harbor. I love to make this on warm summer nights to eat on the deck with a nice glass of wine; it makes me feel like I’m on vacation.
All that and it checks all my boxes…
Easy – check.
Ready in 30 – check.
One-pot meal – check.
Delicious and satisfying – double-check.
It will no doubt be a repeat recipe. Even though it doesn’t have a huge list of ingredients it is still packed with so many great flavors and I’m almost certain it will be a win for you too!
Love Spanish style rice dishes? Why not try one of the other recipes here on Erren’s Kitchen:
As you may or may not know, I live in England so my ingredients may be different than what’s available for you. 90% of my visitors are from the US. I was talking to my sister back home in NJ yesterday and she didn’t know what Chorizo was. If you can’t get your hands on it, I’m sure andouille sausage will fit the bill just fine.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
One-Pot Shrimp and Chorizo Rice
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces chorizo sausage cut into slices
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 14 ounces raw shrimp cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 canned chopped tomatoes (14oz)
- A good handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan; add the saffron and leave to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan on medium-high heat and fry the chorizo until it starts to brown and release its orange-colored oils. Add the onion and continue to fry until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and fry another minute.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until pink (about 2-3 minutes). Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine and allow to almost fully evaporate before adding the rice. Coat the rice with the other ingredients and then add the stock, paprika, tomatoes, and parsley. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat. Cover and leave to simmer 15-20 or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the shrimp mix to warm with the cooked rice and serve.