This recipe for Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches is a sure-fire winner for kids and grown-ups alike. Who doesn’t love an ice cream sandwich? And with the added decadence of the salted caramel – this recipe will not disappoint!
There aren’t many things that are better than ice cream. Cool, creamy and indulgent – to me, it’s one of the best things on earth. So give me ice cream combined with chocolate chip cookies, and salted caramel, and I am in dessert heaven!
Ice cream sandwiches have come a long way since I was a kid. Back then, they were good, but these days they are new and improved with amazing modern twists like this one. Forget the soggy, soft sandwiches of yesteryear and welcome this superior version that’s made with homemade buttery cookies and caramel!
For this recipe, I used high quality, store-bought vanilla ice cream that I put my own homemade spin on, by adding salted caramel to the softened ice cream and re-freezing to set. But if you’re feeling the homemade vibe, why not use my Easy No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe and go the whole homemade route.
I also used my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, but you can use store-bought if you’re short on time. I saved some of the caramel to warm and drizzle over the ice cream when I made the sandwich.
This was an added indulgence that really made the dish!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 12 large chocolate chip cookies, see the link provided for my recipe
- 6 scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream
For the caramel:
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, see my shop
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup whipping cream or milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Caramel:
- Combine the sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly until it becomes caramel-colored.
- Add the butter & the cream stir until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla & salt.
- Set aside to cool.
For the ice cream:
- Put the ice cream in a large mixing bowl and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cooled caramel and mix to just swirl through.
- Add to a freezer-safe container and freeze to set (about 20 minutes).
- To serve, fill the cookies with a scoop of the ice cream mixture and drizzle with some warmed caramel.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!