Indulge in this delicious twist on a classic dish that can be served as an appetizer, or double them up and serve them as a meal. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this recipe for Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms that are stuffed with bacon and mushroom risotto.
I adore mushrooms and am always looking for new ways to serve them. I didn’t create this recipe as a starter; I created it as a meal and served it that way, but I’ll tell you what – you can’t go wrong serving these as a starter for any dinner party.
I used jumbo mushrooms for these, but you can easily make them more petite by using regular mushrooms as well.
For the filling, I used my recipe for Easy Bacon & Mushroom Risotto, so if you plan to make them, you’ll have to print out both recipes. I used this recipe, not only for the perfect flavor combination but for simplicity because it’s not the type of risotto you have to stand and stir for 20 minutes. You whip it together, cover it and let it simmer. While the risotto cooks, you can prepare the mushrooms.
As I created this recipe as a main meal, I wanted to make it as straight forward and simple as possible so I opted for the easy to fill large sized mushrooms and used an ice cream scoop to fill them. This made it really quick and easy to do.
These really came out amazing and I got so much praise for them. I will definitely be making them for my next dinner party!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 Jumbo mushrooms (Portobello white or any variety you have)
- Bacon and Mushroom risotto see post for link to recipe
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Stem the mushrooms, and set caps baking sheet. Set aside.
- Chop the stems, and set aside.
- Prepare the risotto according to the instructions on https://www.errenskitchen.com/easy-bacon-mushroom-risotto/ (add the chopped mushroom stems to the sliced mushrooms in the recipe)
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Bake the mushrooms uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a mound of risotto into each mushroom, top with Parmesan cheese. If need be, place back into the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.