This recipe for Raspberry Jam Cheesecake Muffins makes the most delightful, moist and decadent muffins that have a surprise inside that will give the kids a thrill. I created these one morning purely out of hunger. These days, hunger means creating something new so I can share it with all of you.
I went to the kitchen, assessed what I had on hand and because I was in the mood for a muffin – this was what I came up with.
I have to admit, I wasn’t at all sure it would work out. I have never added a cheesecake filling to a batter before.
I worried it would just melt into the muffin and not come out as a separate filling, but much to my surprise, it worked exactly how I intended it to (which is not often the case with a new recipe).
After these cooled, my husband popped in to grab some supplies for the project he was working on. He’s not really the muffin type so I was surprised when he grabbed one. He took a bite on his way out the door, turned back and grabbed another. Not only that, but he took one to work with him for breakfast the following few days until they were gone. This is the kind of result I love for a new recipe!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Raspberry Jam Cheesecake Muffins
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons good quality Raspberry Jam
For the Topping:
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375f/190C
- Line 6 muffin cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat together the sugar, butter, and egg until well blended and pale.
- Stir in the milk and then add the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about a ¼ of the way full. Set Aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drop a rounded tablespoonful into the center of each muffin. Followed by a teaspoon of the Jam and then top each one with the remaining batter.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and top each muffin evenly with the topping.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.