This vegetarian recipe for Quick & Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta is a tasty and simple dish that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. It can also be made using a low fat cooking spray instead of the oil which works really well for when you’re looking for a low fat meal.
This is so delicious and easy to prepare. I make this a lot, especially when I’m watching what I eat. It’s delicious and filling without all the guilt you get with a lot of pasta dishes.
All you have to do is throw the vegetables in the oven and roast them in either olive oil or cooking spray, and when it’s done you just mash the garlic and mix in the pasta. Add a little seasoning, fresh herbs and some grated cheese and it’s done!
It’s a fuss free dinner that the whole family with love!
My son absolutely hates almost every pasta sauce there is, but he loves this because it’s just vegetables (which he loves) and pasta (his very favorite thing). He even eats the onions because they’re purple and he thinks they are something other than onions (shhh).
Love vegetarian pasta dishes? Why not have a look at these while you’re here!
Quick and Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta
This vegetarian recipe for Quick & Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta is a tasty and simple dish that's perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
- 2 10oz packages small mushrooms I used crimini
- 3 zucchini trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic unpeeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- leaves good handful basil torn or fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese grated
- Heat oven to 400f/200C
- Put the vegetables and garlic into a roasting pan.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season with the salt, pepper & paprika. Toss together.
- Roast for 30 mins
- Meanwhile, Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package instructions (timing it to be done around the same time as the vegetables)
- remove the garlic and place it on a separate plate. Using a spoon squash it to remove the soft garlic from the peel. Add it back to the vegetables and toss to coat with the garlic.
- Cook the pasta, drain and reserve 5 or 6 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta, water and basil into the vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve.