This vegetarian recipe for Quick & Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta is a tasty and simple dish that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. It can also be made using a low-fat cooking spray instead of the oil which works really well for when you’re looking for a low-fat meal.
This is so delicious and easy to prepare. I make this a lot, especially when I’m watching what I eat. It’s delicious and filling without all the guilt you get with a lot of pasta dishes.
All you have to do is throw the vegetables in the oven and roast them in either olive oil or cooking spray, and when it’s done you just mash the garlic and mix in the pasta. Add a little seasoning, fresh herbs, and some grated cheese and it’s done!
It’s a fuss-free dinner that the whole family with love! Pasta dishes are a love of mine, why not try Pasta Alla Norma (Pasta with Eggplant Sauce) or for a seafood twist to your pasta dish, Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta. No reason not to serve restaurant-quality pasta dishes at home!
My son absolutely hates almost every pasta sauce there is, but he loves this roasted vegetable pasta because it’s just vegetables, (which he loves) and pasta, (his very favorite thing). He even eats the onions because they’re purple and he thinks they are something other than onions (shhh).
Other Italian Food You’ll Love
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Quick and Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 2 10-ounces packages small mushrooms I used crimini
- 3 zucchini trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic unpeeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- leaves good handful basil torn or fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese grated
- Heat oven to 400f/200C
- Put the vegetables and garlic into a roasting pan.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season with the salt, pepper & paprika. Toss together.
- Roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package instructions (timing it to be done around the same time as the vegetables)
- Remove the garlic and place it on a separate plate. Using a spoon squash it to remove the soft garlic from the peel. Add it back to the vegetables and toss to coat with the garlic.
- Cook the pasta, drain and reserve 5 or 6 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta, water, and basil into the vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve.
Erren's Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.