This recipe for quick and easy corn & tuna pasta salad is a simple and delicious salad you can whip up in no time at all with ingredients you probably always have on hand. This speedy pasta salad is great for anything from lunch boxes to backyard cookouts.
I am crazy about pasta salad this time of year which means I’m always trying to come up with new and different ways to make it. One of my most popular recipes on this site is my Bacon & Green Onion Pasta Salad. I think what people like most about this recipe is that it’s made with common ingredients for most kitchens and you can just throw together a delicious summer side dish without having to run out for special ingredients.
Why this recipe works:
- It’s ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish!
- Pasta makes this a filling and hearty meal.
- The addition of the corn adds a crunchy texture.
Summer doesn’t always arrive in England at the time that it’s supposed to.
Until this week, I still had all of my jeans out with lightweight tops and shirts that I could layer with jackets.
There wasn’t a day last week that went much over 60 degrees, but the other day we had a hot and sunny day that just screamed barbecue. As the weather was unexpected, I didn’t have much in the house for salad so I went through the pantry and fridge to see what I could do.
I found tuna, frozen corn, green onions and pasta which it turns out was all I really needed. I threw it all together and was quite proud of how delicious it was! The best part is that they aren’t ingredients I’d normally put together, but I am so glad I did.
Who can ask for better than that?
- Swap in canned chicken for the tuna.
- Use fresh cooked corn in place of frozen.
- For a lower fat option, use low-fat mayonnaise .
Food Safety For Warmer Weather:
- To prevent rapidly growing bacteria from forming, Food shouldn’t be unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours or limit the time to one hour if the outdoor temperature is higher than 90° F.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Quick and Easy Corn & Tuna Pasta Salad
This recipe for Quick and Easy Corn & Tuna Pasta Salad is a simple and delicious salad you can whip up in no time at all with ingredients you probably always have on hand. This speedy pasta salad is great for anything from lunch boxes to backyard cookouts.
- 1 Can Tuna drained & broken up, of your choice
- 2 cups pasta of your choice cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 3 green/spring onions finely sliced into rounds
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine the tuna, pasta, corn and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt & pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve can be stored for up to 3 days.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in June of 2015, but was republished with tips, FAQs, and variations in July of 2018.