Peaches and cream is a summertime classic! This recipe is a simple and delicious way to use your fresh summer peaches.
Nothing says summer like fresh peaches and this recipe is the perfect dessert for entertaining on a warm summer day. It is easy to throw together and everyone loves it. There is nothing fancy about it, but who needs fancy?
I love the light simplicity of this dessert. A bowl of cool peaches and a big dollop of cream is dessert at it’s finest.
This took me about ten minutes to make. The ingredients are simple: A bit of butter, brown & granulated sugar and peaches. It may be simple, but let’s face it – what doesn’t taste great with a bit of butter and sugar?
I made the whipped cream from scratch, but if you’re short on time and really must, the prepared stuff will work. I have to say though, whipped cream takes all of 2 minutes to make with a food processor or mixer.
You can even make it fairly quickly with a whisk by hand so if you’ve never tried it, you should. Once you have fresh whipped cream, you won’t want the stuff out of a can again!
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
For the peaches:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
For the cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar more or less according to taste
- Peel the peaches and then cut each peach in half, then cut each half into slices.
- Add the peaches, sugars, and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. The peaches will soften slightly and the butter & sugar will make a sauce that coats the peaches.
- Remove from heat and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer or food processor, beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the peaches and sauce into bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.