Peaches & Cream is a summertime classic! This recipe is a simple and delicious way to use your fresh summer peaches in the best way!
Nothing says summer like fresh peaches and this recipe is the perfect dessert for entertaining on a warm summer day. It is easy to throw together and everyone loves it. There is nothing fancy about it, but who needs fancy?
I love the light simplicity of this dessert. A bowl of cool peaches and a big dollop of cream is dessert at it’s finest. If you have an abundance of peaches why not indulge yourself and make my Sweet Peach Iced Tea or Peach Bellini cocktail and have a peach theme for your summer gathering?
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients make this recipe easy but impressive.
- Brown sugar gives a wonderful caramel note to the flavor of the peaches.
About Whipped Cream
This recipe has a simple method for making your whipped cream in a blender. You can also make it with a whisk by hand, it just takes a little longer. Fresh whipped cream is so much better than the stuff out of a can!
I also have an amazing recipe for Stabilized Whipped Cream which gives you an option of making the cream in advance.
The best cream for peaches and cream is a cream with a high-fat content. Heavy cream, whipping cream, double cream in the UK, and thickened cream in Australia are all good options.
The Best Peaches for Peaches & Cream
The best peaches for this dish are yellow peaches. They are juicy and sweet but with a tangy element. Sometimes higher in acid than other varieties makes them great for this kind of dessert.
How to Make Peaches & Cream
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Heat the peaches, butter, and sugars over medium heat until butter and sugars dissolve.
- Whip the cream and sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Serve the peaches and cream together. Enjoy!
Step by Step Instructions
Place your peaches, butter and sugars into a pan over medium heat.
Stir until butter and sugars dissolve and make a syrup.
Remove from heat and chill for 30 minutes.
Add cream and powdered sugar to a blender. Blent until peaks form.
I made the whipped cream from scratch, but if you’re short on time and really must, the prepared stuff will work. I have to say though, whipped cream takes all of 2 minutes to make with a food processor or mixer.
Serve the peaches with the cream, and enjoy!
- Add some chopped toasted almonds to create a variety of texture to your dish.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of brandy or dark rum for an adult twist on this classic.
- Raspberries go perfectly with peaches so why not give your dish a peach melba twist?
Other Quick & Easy Summer Recipes
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Peaches & Cream
For the peaches:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
For the cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar more or less according to taste
- Peel the peaches and then cut each peach in half, then cut each half into slices.
- Add the peaches, sugars, and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. The peaches will soften slightly and the butter & sugar will make a sauce that coats the peaches.
- Remove from heat and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer or food processor, beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the peaches and sauce into bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips + Notes
- I made the whipped cream from scratch, but if you’re short on time and really must, the prepared stuff will work. I have to say though, whipped cream takes all of 2 minutes to make with a food processor or mixer.