This recipe for Low Fat Oven Fried Chicken makes a delicious, crisp coating for chicken, and oven baking gives a healthier, non greasy dish that’s quick and easy to prepare.
This recipe is a low fat oven fried chicken that’s really tasty with virtually no added fat.
To be fair, this isn’t really a fried chicken recipe because the truth is, it isn’t fried (or oven fried) at all. It’s not even a low fat fried chicken because except for some cooking spray that is sometimes added at the end, it actually had no added oil what so ever and it comes out crispy, juicy and absolutely scrumptious!
This recipe is probably one of the recipes I make the most for my family out of all my recipes. It’s so quick, easy and unbelievably good, that my family asks for it on a regular basis.
I probably make this chicken 3 times a month and for a food blogger that has to constantly cook new dishes – that’s a lot!
Low Fat Oven Fried Chicken
- 12 chicken thighs
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Place flour in a plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Put the bread crumbs in shallow bowl and mix in the oregano, garlic powder, paprika, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- Beat the eggs with the milk in another bowl.
- Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the flour, followed by the egg and then the bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated.
- Place the chicken in an dry 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Check to see if the chicken has browned. If needed, spray with cooking spray and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Enjoy!