This recipe for Creamy Tortellini with Pancetta & Spinach may look complicated, but it really is easy to throw together! It’s a great quick weeknight dinner!
This dish took me fifteen minutes to make and I can’t tell you how absolutely fabulous it tastes! I love a quick and easy meal that looks & tastes impressive, but takes no time at all to throw together.
I buy fresh ready made tortellini from the chilled section of the supermarket instead of the frozen variety. It keeps well and takes no time to cook (making this dish even quicker to make).
Frozen Tortellini or even mini ravioli can be used as well if it’s the only kind you can find. I always use ricotta & spinach filling, but if you like another variety, please feel free to give it a try.
I’ve also made this dish without the wine when I didn’t have any on hand. It’s really good without it so if you’re not a fan or don’t have any wine, you can definitely omit it without impacting the dish in any way.
- 1 lb good quality fresh tortellini
- 6 oz pancetta chopped into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 6oz bags fresh washed Baby Spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil
- While the tortellini is cooking, put a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pancetta until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Meanwhile, Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Add the wine to the pan with the pancetta, raise the heat to high and boil to cook off the alcohol for about 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium heat Add the cream. When the cream is hot, stir in the spinach & Parmesan cheese and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Drain the tortellini and add it to the pan. Stir well and season with some pepper. You probably won't need salt because of the saltiness in cheese & pancetta.