This recipe for Creamy Tortellini with Pancetta & Spinach may look complicated, but it really is easy to throw together! It’s a great quick weeknight dinner!
This dish took me fifteen minutes to make and I can’t tell you how absolutely fabulous it tastes! I love a quick and easy meal that looks & tastes impressive but takes no time at all to throw together.
I buy fresh ready-made tortellini from the chilled section of the supermarket instead of the frozen variety. It keeps well and takes no time to cook (making this dish even quicker to make). I also like to make Quick and Hearty Tortellini Vegetable Soup, it’s a winner every time!
Frozen Tortellini or even mini ravioli can be used as well if it’s the only kind you can find. I always use ricotta & spinach filling, but if you like another variety, please feel free to give it a try.
I’ve also made this dish without the wine when I didn’t have any on hand. It’s really good without it so if you’re not a fan or don’t have any wine, you can definitely omit it without impacting the dish in any way.
Other Italian Food You’ll Love
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
- 1 pound good quality fresh tortellini
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 6-ounce bags fresh washed Baby Spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil
- While the tortellini is cooking, put a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pancetta until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Add the wine to the pan with the pancetta, raise the heat to high and boil to cook off the alcohol for about 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium heat Add the cream. When the cream is hot, stir in the spinach & Parmesan cheese and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Drain the tortellini and add it to the pan. Stir well and season with some pepper. You probably won't need salt because of the saltiness in cheese & pancetta.