This recipe for Clam Chowder is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to make and tastes even better the next day! Serve with my Easy Cornbread so you don’t have to leave a scrap behind!
Clams are a rare find where I live and clam juice isn’t available at all. Luckily, I found an American grocery website that I can order from when cravings become too much.
I don’t do this very often because they charge a fortune for my little craving busters so I really have to choose wisely and stock up.
I’m a big fan of clam chowder. I actually miss the canned stuff – it’s a guilty pleasure, but the odd can I have found here in England has never been good so I set out to make my own version with the ingredients I could get a hold of.
Using canned clams makes this a simple and quick version which is perfect for summer cooking. I know a lot of people don’t eat soup in the summertime, but I think it’s a real summer soup.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
- ¼ pound Pancetta slices or thin sliced bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4-6 potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans of clams
- 2 10-ounces bottles of clam juice
- 1 cup cream, low fat or whipping cream - your choice
- Cook the Pancetta until crisp.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain the fat reserving about a tablespoon for sauteing the vegetables.
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic and carrot until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the potatoes, clams & clam juice,
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 (or until the potatoes have softened).
- Add cream and heat through.
- Serve topped with the Pancetta.