This recipe for Clam Chowder is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to make and tastes even better the next day!
Clams are a rare find where I live and clam juice isn’t available at all. Luckily, I found an american grocery website that I can order from when cravings become too much.
I don’t do this very often because they charge a fortune for my little craving busters so I really have to choose wisely and stock up.
I’m a big fan of clam chowder. I actually miss the canned stuff – it’s a guilty pleasure, but the odd can I have found here in England has never been good so I set out to make my own version with the ingredients I could get a hold of.
Using canned clams makes this a simple and quick version which is perfect for summer cooking. I know a lot of people don’t eat soup in the summertime, but I think it’s a real summer soup.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
- 1⁄4 pound Pancetta slices or thin sliced bacon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 - 6 potatoes cubed
- 2 cans of clams
- 2 10-ounces bottles of clam juice
- 1 cup cream low fat or whipping cream - your choice
- Cook the Pancetta until crisp.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain the fat reserving about a tablespoon for sauteing the vegetables.
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic and carrot until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the potatoes, clams & clam juice,
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 (or until the potatoes have softened).
- Add cream and heat through.
- Serve topped with the Pancetta.