This delightful recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Oat Bars makes an oatmeal cookie bar that’s crisp on the outside with a buttery soft center.
Best served warm, these Cinnamon Raisin Oat Bars are an amazing treat for dessert or even just a snack.
I made these for the first time over Christmas. Busy with the holidays, I never got a chance to take photos before they were gone (and boy, did they go fast).
They were a huge hit with my husband’s family so I decided to make them again to share with all of you.
My hairdresser, Ryan comes to my house to cut my hair. He arrived yesterday when these just came out of the oven.
The house was full with the scent of the buttery cinnamon. It’s rare that leaves an appointment and doesn’t get a treat to take with him when he leaves so he noticed them right away and was quite pleased when I told him he could take some home.
It was still warm when I cut it to wrap for him before walking him out. When I went back to the kitchen there was a small piece that had broken off. I popped it in my mouth and actually said (out loud alone in my kitchen), ‘Holy — That’s good!’
When I made them at Christmas, I never tried them warm and let me tell you – they were even better than before!
A little while later, Ryan text me saying: ‘OMG —ing delicious! Dangerously delicious! I may text you later (to come back for more) unless my guilt kicks in and says no!’ He too had tried them warm and he too swore in his reaction.
I think if a recipe is so fantastic, it makes you swear (in a positive way) when you try it – it’s a pretty good indication that it’s a winner! My advice – even though they are great cooled – try them warm!
Cinnamon Raisin Oat Bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/3 cups butter softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190C.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 12 baking pan
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. Beat the butter, brown sugar, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar in until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla,cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the oats by hand, followed by the raisins.
- Spread dough evenly into the pan.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, give the pan a little shake. If it jiggles in the middle, put the pan back in and try again every 5 minutes until there is no longer any jiggle.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Best served warm, but great cooled as well.