This recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cookies are the perfect balance between a crisp cookie and a fudgy brownie.
If you love chcolate cookies, you’ll love these dark, chewy delights. Plus, they can be frozen and baked when ever you need a chocolate fix!
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again – My husband loves brownies. I mean he LOVES them. He asks me to make them on a weekly basis (I’m not kidding). The man couldn’t live without chocolate if he tried.
The things is, if I made Chocolate Brownies every week, I wouldn’t have much new to share with all of you.
So this week, I made him brownies in a cookie form (just to switch it up a little). These cookies are really amazing. These cookies are chocolaty and fudgy and rich, and they stand up to my brownies any day.
They are chocolate studded and have a delicious, soft middle so make plenty of them as they’re guaranteed to be a hit!
These cookies can also be altered by adding nuts. With the big chunks of chocolate and as well as nuts, they make the perfect grown-up cookie.
Love cookies? Check out some of my other amazing cookie recipes.
- 1 CUPS SEMI SWEET/DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO BE MELTED
- 1 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- ¼ CUP UNSWEETENED DARK COCOA POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- ¼ TEASPOON SALT
- ½ CUP SALTED BUTTER SOFTENED
- ¼ CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- ½ CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR PACKED
- 1 EGG
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 CUP SEMI SWEET/DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/170C
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Stir in remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using a ice cream scoop, drop the dough in large balls 3 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. This makes 6 large cookies.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.