This simple recipe for Chicken and Rice Corn Chowder is a thick, satisfying, and warming winter chowder that’s packed chicken and rice.
I know this is my 4th soup recipe sin so many months, but I’m a big believer that you can never have too many soup recipes!
Soup has always been of my very favorite things, but oddly enough, corn soup was something I never really cared for.
Then a friend made me a similar soup that was just fantastic so I just knew I need to try to make my own. Serve with Perfect Garlic Bread for a filling weeknight treat.
So today I’m serving up this Chicken and Rice Corn Chowder that is definitely a triumph in the world of corn chowders!
Anyone who has ever tried it has absolutely loved it. How could they not? This thick & creamy soup is loaded with chicken, rice, and sweet corn. Oh, and the cream – we can’t forget the indulgent cream that makes this soup rich and irresistibly delicious!
I think the best part of this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make such an amazing soup. It really does take no time at all and once you try it, you’ll be adding it to your regular recipe rotation!
Other Soup Recipes You’ll Love
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Chicken and Rice Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1½ cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the chopped onions and celery. Cook until soft.
- Add the stock, cream, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir, lower the heat and simmer 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the soup is thickened. Season well with salt and pepper before serving.