Family and friends will love this recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Soup it’s truly comfort in a bowl! This soup is full of rich flavor and the meat is so tender, it just melts in your mouth.
There are few things more comforting than hearty beef soup and this Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Soup is no exception. It is perfect for chilly fall and winter days and if you’re really lucky you just might have some left for lunch the next day!
There is something about this time of year that makes you feel like the cold weather will never end. It makes me just crave warming soups so when I had a brisket in the fridge, I knew the stew I had planned to make was never going to happen.
This was so easy to make! I seared the meat, threw it all together and slow cooked it all day and it came out amazing. I love pasta in soup, but I cooked it separate just before serving.
Here’s how to make it:
Heat some olive oil in a large pot. Add the brisket, seasoned with salt & pepper and brown on all sides over medium-high heat.
Remove the brisket from the pan and set aside. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the fat in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to brown. Add the potatoes, and parsley to the pot along with the bay leaves. Return the brisket to the pot and add the stock and season with salt & pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Cook in the slow cooker on low for Cover on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Remove the brisket from the pot and either cut the meat to your liking or pull it apart with a fork for shredded meat.
Cook the pasta add it to the soup and serve.
Other Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Beef and Barley Soup
- Oxtail Orzo Soup
- Creamy Celery Soup
- Chinese Noodle Soup
- Split Pea and Ham Soup
- Homemade Lentil Soup
- If your soup ends up quite thick, you can add some pasta water to make it a bit soupier before serving.
- If you think you’ll have this soup left over, add the pasta to the bowls instead of the soup so it doesn’t bloat when stored.
- See the notes below for freezing instructions, but If you plan to freeze this soup, do not add the pasta. Freeze and store separately.
- To make this soup on the stove top, after bringing to a boil, instead of transferring to a slow cooker, lower the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 2 – 3 hours.
- Can homemade beef soup be frozen? Yes, beef soup freezes fine as long as no thickening agent is added. Thickening agents cause the soup to break down vegetables too much and cause them to become mushy and unpleasant.
- How long will beef soup last in the refrigerator? When the beef soup is properly stored, it will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- How do you to freeze beef soup? Cool the soup completely and freeze in a covered airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Soup
Come home to a warming bowlful of this filling, Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Soup. Satisfying and easy to make, this homemade soup is a great supper or leftover for lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef brisket (not corned beef)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- a good handful of fresh parsley chopped, including stems
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 pound pasta or noodles of your choice
Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the brisket, seasoned with salt & pepper and brown on all sides over medium-high heat.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the fat in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to brown.
Add the potatoes, and parsley to the pot along with the bay leaves.
Return the brisket to the pot and add the stock and season with salt & pepper.
Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Transfer to a slow cooker, cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Remove the brisket from the pot and either cut the meat to your liking or pull it apart with a fork for more shredded meat.
Discard the bay leaves, and skim off the fat.
Meanwhile, a pasta pot of water to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package instructions & drain.
Portion the pasta into bowls & cover with the hot soup to serve.
- To make this soup on the stove top, after bringing to a boil, instead of transferring to a slow cooker, lower the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 2 - 3 hours.
Update Notes: This recipe was originally published in January of 2015, but was re-published in February of 2018 to add new images, show step by step instructions, and add nutritional information to the recipe card.