This recipe for Speedy Potato Salad with Olives & Green Onions proves that homemade is so much better than store-bought. Not only that, but it can be quick & easy too!
This is by far my favorite potato salad. I serve it a lot in the warmer months with cold, roasted chicken legs and corn on the cob, but it’s perfect for barbecues and picnics as well.
To keep it simple, I use baby potatoes that don’t require peeling. With just a quick wash and then cut in half, they are ready to cook.
After cooking, I rinse them with cold water until cool to the touch and with just a few added ingredients, it’s ready to serve in minutes.
- 20-25 baby white potatoes halved (or you can use 6 regular sized red potatoes, cubed)
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 Green Onions sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup yogurt Greek or regular
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper. to taste
Cook potatoes in salted, boiling water (on medium high heat) until just done but not falling apart (about 8 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water until cool to the touch. Set aside to dry while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Once cool, add to a large mixing bowl.
Add the, celery, green onion and olives. Gently stir until evenly mixed.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard until smooth and even.
Add mayonnaise mixture to the potato mixture and gently mix until evenly incorporated.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.