This is a really quick, tasty and simple recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners. I also make it using a low fat cooking spray instead of the oil which works really well for those times I’m watching what I eat (which is quite often).
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Author: Erren @ Erren’s Kitchen
Recipe type: Main
- 1 10-ounce/250g package chestnut mushrooms
- 2 zucchinis/courgettes trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled and left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ lb/250g pasta of your choice
- good handful basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup/40g Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400f/200C
- Put the vegitables and garlic into a roasting pan.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season with the salt, pepper & paprika. Toss together.
- Roast for 30 mins
- remove the garlic and place it on a separate plate. Using a spoon squash it to remove the soft garlic from the peel. Add it back to the vegetables and toss to coat with the garlic.
- Cook the pasta, drain and reserve 5 or 6 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta, water and basil into the vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve.