Creamy Tortellini with Pancetta & Spinach
- 1 lb good quality fresh tortellini
- 6 oz pancetta chopped into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 6oz bags fresh washed Baby Spinach
Bring a large pot of water to the boil
While the tortellini is cooking, put a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pancetta until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Meanwhile, Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
Add the wine to the pan with the pancetta, raise the heat to high and boil to cook off the alcohol for about 1-2 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium heat Add the cream. When the cream is hot, stir in the spinach & Parmesan cheese and allow the spinach to wilt.
Drain the tortellini and add it to the pan. Stir well and season with some pepper. You probably won't need salt because of the saltiness in cheese & pancetta.
Pages: 1 2