Classic Victoria Sponge Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 Cup /225g granulated/caster sugar
- 1 Cup /225g Softened Butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup /200g flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ½ vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- For the cream:
- 1 Cup ¼ /310ml Whipping Cream
- 6-8 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder optional
- 1/2 Cup /170g good quality raspberry jam
For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F
Place all of the ingredients in a mixer or food processor and blend until everything is mixed.
Split the batter between 2 greased 8 inch round tins, and bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
For the cream
Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Add powdered sugar (to taste), skimmed milk powder (if using - This is to help give the whipped cream structure so it doesn't flatten out too quickly), and vanilla. Mix in gently.
Place one layer of the cooled cake on a cake plate and the other half on a plate. Spread the whipped cream over the bottom layer and then spread the jam over the other and sandwich them together.
Dust with a powdered sugar before serving.
Pages: 1 2